Presto - It's Basil Pesto with homemade Gnocchi from Melina's Fresh Pasta Company

Remember my neighbor "Giada from across the street" sister?  She has her own pasta company in Durham, North Carolina and sells fresh pasta through the farmers market in the area, local grocery stores and a few restaurants too.  I posted this a recipe this summer using her ravioli's that got rave reviews.  Well I pulled out a batch of her home made gnocchi from the freezer today to go with my homemade basil pesto sauce.  

I love pesto!  I found this recipe over 20 years ago and love to make it whenever I have some fresh basil around.  I recently bought some basil for another recipe I was making and decided to make some pesto to have in the freezer.  I pulled both the gnocchi and the pesto out this afternoon and used this dish as a side to our wiener schnitzel and roasted butternut squash.  The dinner plate was brimming with great flavors from around the world - German, Italian and good old American roasted veggies.

Check out Melina's site for products and recipes.  If you are ever in Durham, look her up!





Pesto Sauce

2 cups fresh basil, lightly packed
1 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup pine nuts, almonds or walnuts finely chopped
Dash of nutmeg

Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.  Store in refrigerator covered until ready for use.  Mix well.  Serve warm or cool.



Pesto in the making!

Fresh from the freezer to our table!
 

Comments

Popular Posts