Homemade Ravioli Anyone?

About a week ago I was sitting around looking at some of the magazines that I subscribe to for any interesting recipes I would like to save before I recycled them.  I believe it was Coastal Living that I found this appealing recipe - Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Ravioli.  I remembered that we still had one of those nuclear sized butternut squash from our foodie friends garden sitting in the garage (our winter cold storage) that we had to either use up or toss.  So I cut out the recipe and looked over the ingredients to see what I needed to add to my shopping list. 

I did not plan on the ravioli that night, but still cut the squash up and made a new Butternut Squash soup recipe and I roasted a pan of squash for dinner.  They went with the wiener schnitzel I made that I featured my friend Melina's fresh gnocchi and my home made pesto.  The remaining squash I did not use last Sunday I put I a zip lock bag in the refrigerator to have on hand for making this recipe.  Trust me when I say it was a nuclear sized squash that I could get a batch of soup, a pan of roasted squash and then more than enough squash to make this recipe.    

Nuclear Butternut Squash

From Squash to Ravioli


Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Ravioli

  • (12-ounce) package frozen cooked butternut squash puree, thawed, or 1 1/4 cups cooked and mashed butternut squash
  • 3 oz. goat cheese, softened
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • (12-ounce) packages won ton wrappers
  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • garlic cloves, minced 
  • 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
  • Garnish: sage leaves, freshly ground black pepper
  1. 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Place about 1 heaping teaspoon squash mixture in center of 1 won ton wrapper. Brush won ton wrapper with water around squash mixture, and top with second won ton wrapper. Press down with ravioli stamp or fork, sealing edges well. Trim excess won ton around edges. Repeat with remaining squash mixture and won ton wrappers.
  2. 2. Cook ravioli, in batches, in gently boiling water 3 minutes or until done. (Do not rapidly boil.) Remove with a slotted spoon.
  3. 3. Cook butter and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat 6 minutes or until browned. Stir in pecans and chopped sage. Toss ravioli in butter mixture; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts