Lemon cookies - Can't wait to make again!


Oh, I can't wait for hubby to make these again.  I think they have become my favorite cookie he has ever made.  A couple of weeks ago I met my 2 sisters at my mother's house to clean out some closets, cabinets, and prep for her new carpets and floors.While it was a necessary job to get done with little time, and finding stuff you have no idea why she kept them,  it turned out to be a good morning bonding with the "Gray girls".  I left our house before 9 to make Pilates class, then I drove directly out to mom's house.   My sisters had started, and I quickly jumped in.    4 hours later , I packed up the cleaning supplies and headed home to find these lovely lemon cookies waiting for me on the counter, alongwithdinner plans and yes, the wine was included . 


They were soft,sweet and just melted in your mouth.  I used restraint when eating these cookies because I was trying to be good and lose a little of the holiday weight gain and I wanted to make them last.  So I thought that by the following Wednesday there would be at least a couple left to take out to my mom, who loves anything lemon.  When I opened the pantry and grabbed the cookie dish, it was empty. Who leaves an empty cookie dish in the pantry?  

I think it's time to fill it back up again....don't you



Lemon Krinkle Cookie

Ingredients

1  15.25 oz package lemon cake mix ( for moist cake)
2 eggs
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup lemon infused olive oil
2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl stir together cake mix, eggs, flour, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla until combined. (Dough will be soft.)
  2. Place granulated sugar in one bowl and powdered sugar in another bowl. For each cookie, drop 1 tablespoon of the dough into the granulated sugar; toss to coat with sugar (dough will have a soft ball shape). Toss dough in the powdered sugar to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens

Comments

Popular Posts