A quick Christmas Gift Idea - White Chocolate Bark

Happy Holidays!

 

White Chocolate Bark

I feel way behind when it comes to my Christmas treats and cookies.  I have a number of cookies I want to try, and some chocolate sweets as well.  When I was shopping this weekend I remembered a recipe that only takes 3 ingredients and about 40 minutes to make.    Knowing that hubby likes white chocolate I decide to make my White Chocolate Bark with pistachios and dried cranberries (pleases my Nutrition major in the house) which is both sweet and salty.   What better combination than pistachios and dried cranberries.
 
 
To make the bark, melt 1 lb. of chocolate.(They type of chocolate is at your discretion.  I used the candy making chocolate pieces) This can be done with a double boiler or in the microwave.   When using the microwave you melt it slowly cooking it 30 seconds at a time and at 50% power.  Stirring at each 30 second interval.   Once it's melted and smooth remove from microwave and let sit a couple of minutes.   At this time, line a cooking sheet with parchment paper.  
 
Next add a 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios and a 1/2 cup dried cranberries to the chocolate.   Mix well.  Spread chocolate mix evenly on cookie sheet.  When done place the pan in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour to set.   Then break or cut into pieces.  
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts