Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies

 


If you know me very well you know one of my favorite Paula Deen recipes is her Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.  It is soooooo good especially when you heat it up.  It is one of our son's favorite dessert and a family pleaser.  

Then I found a recipe for Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies.  How could I go wrong.  I had to make them, even if it was one week after making Paula's recipe.

They are so good and already portion size when you make them as cookies. I think I have to make these again real soon.

Thank you to blogger I Am Baker!  Great way to get my Paula Deen Fix in.

Ingredients


1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, for rolling cookie dough in

Preheat oven to 350°F. 

In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar until blended. 
Add in egg and vanilla. 

Add in flour, baking powder, and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. With the mixer on low, gradually beat into creamed mixture. 

Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough and then roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place approximately 6 dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.

Bake until they no longer appear wet on top, 8-11 minutes. After about 5 minutes, place on wire racks to cool.

Comments

Popular Posts