Santa Fe Salad

 can't beleive I have never posted this recipe.  My daughter asked the other day if I could post this recipe to her Facebook Group for Recipe Share Wednesday.  When I went browsing through the blog I did not find it.   This is a classic Tills' summer salad recipe that we have been making for over 25 years. 

 Back when we had our first house we had a picnic and one of my hubby's co-workers brought this salad.  We immediately asked for the recipe and it has been a summer staple.  It goes together in just a few minutes after you cook the brown rice and has very easy ingredients. 

Ingredients


2 cups cooked brown rice
1 16oz. can black beans, rinsed
1 17 oz can of whole kernal corn, drained
1/8 cup minced onion (use discretion)
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons cnipped cilantro
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
2 teasopoons chili poswer
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Combine rice, beans, corn and onion.  Combine vinegar, oil, cilantro, peppers, chili powder and salt in a small jar with a lid. Pour over rice mixture, toss lightly.  Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours for flavors to blend.  Stir before serving. 

Comments

Popular Posts