Swedish Meatballs


I know that my postings have been few and far between.  It is pretty busy here in our house with Hubby starting a new job and my travels for work.  I think I mentioned that I have pictures and recipes stock piled up.  Here is one that I have been wanted to post and make again.

These were so good and very easy to make.  I saw this recipe on one of those Tasty videos on Facebook.  It looked so easy and qucik.  And the recipe did not fail me. Even the family like it.  The meatballs had great taste and the sauce was delicious.  There wasn't any leftovers for my lunch the next day. 

One Pot Swedish Meatballs



INGREDIENTS

Serves 4

1 pound ground beef
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
½ finely minced onion
1 egg
½ tablespoon salt (for meatballs)
½ tablespoon pepper (for meatballs)
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cups beef broth
2 cups milk
½ tablespoon salt (for sauce)
½ tablespoon pepper (for sauce)
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cups egg noodles
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
½ cup chopped parsley




In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, salt, and pepper, mixing until evenly combined. Heat the canola oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Take about a golf-ball size of the meatball mixture and roll it into balls. Place the meatballs into the pot, cooking for one minute. Flip the meatballs.

Add the beef broth, milk, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce and give it a stir. Bring the liquid to a boil, then add the egg noodles. Stir constantly until the pasta is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sauce that coats the noodles, about seven to eight minutes. Add the parmesan and the parsley, stirring until the cheese is melted. Serve!

Comments

Popular Posts