Chicken Poppyseed Casserole

I have been traveling quite a bit these days so blogging and cooking for me has been set aside.  .  Hubby has been cooking up a storm while I am away and sends me pictures of what he has created and fed the kids for dinner.  The other night was a Dorito Taco Casserole, I believe? 

So this recipe was from about two weeks ago when I was on a day business trip.  Hubby asked me before I left what would taste good to me.  I saw this on Pinterest and said "Make this!"  Ask and you shall  receive.  This was very good and tasty, just what you expect in a casserole.  I guess my favorite part was the Ritz Crackers on top and I am a fan of poppy seeds too.  (See side note below)


Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole


Ingredients


to 4 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
16-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
24-oz. container sour cream
(10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
8-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
8-oz. pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
sleeve round buttery crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons poppy seed

Directions

Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup and cheeses in a large bowl. Pour into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking dish. Mix together cracker crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle poppy seed over cracker crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.







Comments

Popular Posts