Presto Pesto!






 It is an all time favorite in my house!  Pesto Sauce that is.  I have had this recipe for pesto since hubby and I were first married.  I found this recipe from Mr. Food - a TV chef who appeared back then on the local evening news and had the familiar line - "oh, it's so good".  My pasta loving kids love it and it can be used as a pasta sauce, pizza topping, marinade and even a dip. 

Now I know I have posted this one before over my friend Melina's gnocchi, but I have not show it as a topping to grilled turkey breast filets.    You can even freeze the sauce, maybe in old ice cube trays and pull it out during the middle of our snowy winters when fresh basil is rare.

Use the sauce to taste.  You might like just a little for flavor or use the full amount for the full effect.




 

Pesto Sauce

2 cups fresh basil, lightly packed
1 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup pine nuts, almonds or walnuts finely chopped
Dash of nutmeg

Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.  Store in refrigerator covered until ready for use.  Mix well.  Serve warm or cool.



Comments

Popular Posts