Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake


 So I started this blog to share recipes  with my friends and family.  At first it was very private and I didn't even share it with my husband and kids.  Then, once I felt comfortable I let them know about it and then slowly started to place post on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.  Now 2 years later my husband has taken over the kitchen and prepares some new and old favorites.  This one is an old favorite I have made before, but now it was his turn.  You should see him once he has plated something he immediately says "Take a picture".  

This recipe came from the Penzey's spice catalog and is great at this time of year to use up your zucchini and summer squash along with any tomatoes you may have.  A great early fall dish to accompany any dinner.   Wonder what he is making later this week?


 
 

Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake

Ingredients

2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 small yellow squash, sliced
1/2 tsp thyme
1tsp basil
1tsp granulated garlic powder
1/2c shredded cheddar cheese 
1/2c grated parmesan or romano cheese 
1/3c dry bread crumbs
1c shredded mozzarella cheese 
 

Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, seasonings, and cheddar cheese. Place in a 1.5qt baking dish. Top with the parmesan or romano cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. If you want, you can then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and let stand 5 minutes, so the cheese melts before serving. 
 



Comments

Popular Posts