The places I will take you!

I remember those words over 22 years ago. We were on our honeymoon in St. Lucia, a few days into our week long stay.  Our wedding went off without a hitch, but the honeymoon didn't start off so well.  We had some plane problems in Charlotte that made us miss our connection in Puerto Rico to St Lucia.  We spent our first night in a hotel paid for by the airline in Downtown San Juan with several other honeymoon couples in the same predicament as us.  I remember sitting in the hotel bar  sharing stories our  big day.  The next morning it was back to the airport and off to our tropical honeymoon.

Well, the plans changed once we got there and saw our villa that we booked. Sometimes pictures don't portray the real image of what your are getting.  We ended up moving to a resort nearby for the duration of our stay.  It was a beautiful hotel and a beautiful island that one day I hope to go back to, but what I remember was the promise my husband made to me during that trip.  He knew that our adventures were just beginning and one moonlight night he told me that this was just the beginning of the places he would take me.

He has stayed true to his promise because we are no strangers to travel.  Either with our kids or without them we have taken some memorable trips.  From Florida to California, Arizona and Hawaii, we have traveled the USA.  We have cruised the Caribbean, snorkel end in the Islands, biked through Napa Valley.   All of these trips are memories that will last a life time.  And no one can take your memories away.



.

Comments

Popular Posts