A Lenten favorite with Melina's lemon ravioli


Friday night, 3 weeks into the Lenten season and time to break out the recipe book of Lenten favorite.  Hubby had been away for a few days for work and on his way home he called me to see what the plans were for dinner.  I knew I would be home late because the kiddos both had practice tonight and I would have to go over to get them.  I suggested that he stop and pick up some scallops or shrimp.  I knew we had several recipes to choose from.  

When I did arrive home he had grabbed the ingredients for mustard roasted tilapia.  He had picked up the Creme Fraiche, the two different mustards and remembered we had the shallots and the capers needed to complete this dish.  

As I discover our dinner fate and prepping the ingredients I was thinking about what we had to accompany this dish.  There would be a little of the sauce left over that I could use if needed.  Then I recalled that we had a batch of Melina's Lemon Ravioli in the freezer.  I could use the ravioli and top with a little bit of the Creme Fraiche and mustard sauce. So dinner plans were set and I started cooking.  30 minutes later our Lenten meatless dinner was on the table.  The fish was very mild and delicious and the ravioli had such a great flavor it really didn't need a sauce.  Thanks Melina....need to replenish my supply of fresh pasta. 

You can now order pasta on line.  Visit www.melinaskitchen.com and please note that she is  NOW SHIPPING NATIONWIDE through Heirloom Provisions www.heirloomprovisions.com.  To Order: email info@melinaspasta.com or call 919-429-9850


Mustard Roasted Tilapia

Ingredients
4 (8-ounce) fish fillets such as tilapia
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces creme fraiche
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons minced shallots
2 teaspoons drained capers


Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. (You can also use an ovenproof baking dish.) Place the fish fillets skin side down on the sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.

Combine the creme fraiche, 2 mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish fillets, making sure the fish is completely covered. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until it's barely done. (The fish will flake easily at the thickest part when it's done.) Be sure not to overcook it! Serve hot or at room temperature with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top.





Fish is prepped for roasting.  Make sure you use parchment paper and cover the fish completely.



Comments

Popular Posts