Hubby in the Kitchen!

Today  is a federal holiday, the start of school break and a day off for my husband, but not for me.  So after a day of running errands and taking the kids around town, he wanted to get back in the kitchen and have dinner ready when I got home tonight.

Hubby was so excited to prepare tonight's dinner because he had found a 3 year old Bon Appetit' magazine in a doctors office last week that had quite a few good recipes in it.  He decided since it was so old that the office wouldn't miss it.  Tonight we got to try Beef, Shiitake and Snowpea Stirfry. This was a very tasty and quick recipe to make.

My hubby was so excited to be cooking for us that he said we should blog this and was even prepping the photo shoots.  Boy, when I started this blog I was a bit afraid to let my family know I was doing this, now everyone wants to contribute to it!  As I stated on my profile, we are a family that likes to cook together.

Beef, Shiitake and Snowpea Stirfry

 

Ingredients

  • 1 1-pound top sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch-long, 1/4-inch-thick slices
  • 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
  • 12 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, thickly sliced
  • 8 ounces snow peas
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced, divided
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
  • 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or sirachi
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder

Preparation



  • Add snow peas, half of green onions, and half of cilantro; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in hoisin, chili-garlic sauce, and five-spice powder; sauté until peas are crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro.


 http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/2010/10/beef_shiitake_and_snow_pea_stir_fry#ixzz2LISW91X3

Comments

Popular Posts