Cheesy Gnocchi Sausage Skillet




If you make only one recipe that I have posted, make this one.

I can't believe that I have not posted this recipe yet.  Emily said to me a couple of weeks ago "Mom, some of your classic recipes are not on the blog"  "Where is the cheesy gnocchi recipe?".

She was right, I had not posted this one so told hubby next time we make it we have to get a picture.  Well he made this last night but I wasn't here for dinner. I heard it was good but  I don't even think they left me any leftovers. 

One tip when making this - but your gnocchi at the dollar store.  So much cheaper and the same great taste. This recipe has traveled with us and we made it for our foodie friends when we stayed at their house while we were refinishing our floors.  Since I didn't get any last night I guess we will have to make it again real soon. 

Ingredients


1 (16 oz.) package gnocchi
2 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 lb. Italian sausage (hot or mild)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
Fresh basil for garnish


Instructions

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, and cook gnocchi for about 7 minutes, or
until lightly browned. Remove from pan.

Add sausage to the pan, and cook until browned. Remove from pan.  Add tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pan. Cook for about 7 minutes, until tomatoes are soft. Add gnocchi and sausage back to the pan. Pour in cream, and stir until everything is warm.

Top with cheese, heat until melted. Garnish with basil, serve and enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts