Tuscan Roasted Potatoes with Lemon

 I went looking for a new sided dish to have with dinner over the weekend and I found one from one of my favorite chefs.  I have never had a bad experience with an Ina Garten recipe and this one did not disappoint me.  We had all of the ingredients, even the fresh Rosemary that I have had growing in my kitchen for the past two winters.  The lemon make this refreshing.



Ingredients

2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and 1-inch-diced

8 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled

2 large or 4 small branches fresh rosemary

1/2 large lemon, cut in half through the stem and thinly sliced crosswise

3 tablespoons good olive oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Fleur de sel

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the potatoes on a sheet pan, add the garlic, rosemary, lemon, olive oil, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, and toss until everything is coated with oil. Spread out in one layer.

Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, turning the potatoes with a metal spatula every 20 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and crisp on the outside and tender inside. The garlic will be browned and sweet and the lemon slices will be caramelized. Discard the rosemary branches, sprinkle with fleur de sel, and serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts