Chicken Casserole - An oldie but a goodie



How many of you have recipes still on cards and use them frequently?  Haven't we moved on to the electronic age and look up our favorite recipe on the internet or Pinterest?  Well this one is classic.  I believe that it was from right after we were first married some 26 years ago.  Hubby asked for a recipe that used cooked chicken.  I looked around Pinterest but then remembered I had a couple of older recipes in my recipe box.  This wasn't the first one I was thinking of, but it caught my eye.  I think I would rename it Chinese Chicken Casserole.



Ingredients

2 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cup chopped celery
2 cans cream of mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 cup warm chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 large can of chow mien noodles
1/2 cup cashews

Directions

Combine all ingredients reserving 1/4 cup noodles for topping.  Place in 1/1/2 or 2 quart casserole.  Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Sprinkle reserved noodles on the last 15 minutes of baking. 


Comments

Popular Posts