Snickerdoodles!




Cinnamon Yummy!



I love Snickerdoodles!  A cinnamon covered cookies that is soft and very tasty.  Normally in our house when cookies are made it is generally around Christmas time or it is our favorite chocolate chip cookie.   One Saturday a couple of weeks ago I had a hankering for Snickerdoodles.  I hadn't made these in a really long time.  I am not sure where the recipe came from, other than my handy recipe box.  These were so good!  I might have to make them again real soon.


Snickerdoodles

Ingredients


2 3/4 cup flour
1 Tblsp. Baking Powder
1 cup of Butter
1 3/4 cup sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 Tblsp. cinnamon


Directions


On wax paper, stir together flour and baking powder, set aside.  In large saucepan or heat resistant bowl melt butter over low heat.  Remove and stir in 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs until smooth. Gradually stir in flour until smooth dough forms.  Cover and chill for 1 hour  or up to 3 days.

On wax paper or small bowl, mix remaining sugar with cinnamon.  Drop round teaspoon full of dough into mixture and turn to coat well.  Place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes.  Cool on sheet for 1 minute and remove to cool.

Enjoy with a cold glass of milk! I like to cool cookies on a clean dish towel

Comments

Popular Posts