Out of the archives-Parmesan Crisp and Skillet Lemon Chicken

I have a couple of binders in my cook book cupboard that I use on occasion.  One is the big binder of recipes hubby and I have accumulated and I have written about, and the other is a binder I received as a shower gift 25 years ago that I could sort and save recipes in.  This was the go to recipe place back before hubby joined me in the kitchen.



The first recipe I found was for a light appetizer.  I remember making these for a Christmas party years ago.  These tasted great with a glass of really cold Chardonnay.

Parmesan Crisp 


20 Wonton Skins, cut in half diagonally
Vegetable cooking spray
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil 
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning 
1/2 teaspoon paprika 
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash ground red pepper
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 

Arrange wonton skins in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Combine water  and next 5 ingredients; brush evenly on skins and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool completely.  Store in an air tight container.  Yields 40 crisp @ 15 calories per crisp. 

Note - I did not cut this batch in triangles.  

The main course recipe I found was for Skillet Lemon Chicken.  I don't remember when I made this before, but this time it was delicious.


Skillet Lemon Chicken 


4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (thin cut)
2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves crushed with side of chefs knife 
1/2 lemon thinly sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth 
1/4 cup dry white wine 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 
2 tablespoons drained capers


On waxed paper, mix 2 tablespoons flour with salt. In pie plate, with fork, beat egg.  Coat chicken in flour and then dig in egg.

In non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.  Stir in1 tablespoon butter until melted. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes.  Reduce heat to medium, turn chicken and cook 8 to 10 minutes longer until juices run clear.  Transfer chicken to warm platter.
Add garlic and lemon slices to dripping in skillet; cook until golden.  In cup, mix chicken broth, wine, lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour until smooth; stir into skillet.  Heat sauce to boiling; boil 1 minute. Stir in capers and remaining tablespoon of butter until butter melts.  Discard garlic. Arrange lemon slices over chicken and pour sauce over chicken.  


Comments

Popular Posts