Raspberry Rhubarb Delight



I will admit it...  I turned up my nose on this one when hubby decided to give this a try.  I am a picky eater, I will admit.  People who know me are not surprised by that statement.  But since I have been married I have expanded my life my horizons, tried new things.  There are some things that I still can't get myself to eat, but I am working on it.  
 
I have never been a big fruit fan beyond apples or strawberries, maybe a few blueberries every now and then. (Love apple pie, apple sauce, strawberry shortcake...) When Hubby went to make this last weekend I was thinking "why doesn't he make something he knows I will like"? But that is being selfish and now I eat my words.  This was delicious!   
 
 

Raspberry Rhubarb Delight 

Ingredients

 Crust:

 
1 1/2 cup FLOUR
1/2 cup COLD BUTTER, cubed
Pinch of SALT
1 Tablespoon SUGAR
1 teaspoon VINEGAR
1 1/2 Tablespoons COLD WATER
 

Filling:

 2 cups SUGAR
1/3 cup CORN STARCH
5 cups FRESH or FROZEN (about 2 12 oz. bags) UNSWEETENED RASPBERRIES, thawed and drained
3 cups SLICED FRESH or FROZEN RHUBARB, thawed and drained
 

Crumb Topping:

1 cup FLOUR
1/2 cup BROWN SUGAR
1/2 cup COLD BUTTER
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
 
CRUST: Using a food processor, pulse together flour, butter, salt and sugar until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If you don't have a food processor, you can use a fork or your fingers.) Add the vinegar and water until the mixture is doughy. Press into prepared pan in an even layer.
 
FILLING: In a large bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries and rhubarb, mix well. Spread in an even layer over crust.
 
CRUMB TOPPING: Place all topping ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to make crumbs. Spread evenly over filling layer.
 
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a light golden brown and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool.

Comments

Popular Posts