Melina's Fresh Pasta with Sage Butter Sauce

 



This is one of the last few nights before our daughter goes off to school. My husband is out of town on a business trip and we have been busy finishing up the packing process, snack shopping, visiting the grandmothers and friends. During this week of just the kids and I, we wanted to make sure we got to go out to dinner one last time before our daughter leaves on Friday. We did go out to lunch on Saturday because my hubby is not returning from his trip until late Thursday night.



My daughters restaurant request was a local pasta restaurant that is very popular. The only problem with this is that it is too popular and the wait was 35 to 40 minutes for a table. So we went to the second choice - a Greek restaurant just down the street. Dinner was good and flavorful but not the pasta she wanted.
 
So, I checked my freezer and found a recent gift from my favorite pasta maker in the south! Melina had visited for the kids graduation.  Her nephew is our best peeps from across the street who graduated with my daughter this year.  They have gone all through school together.  She refers to him as her brother from another mother!  So when she came up she brought me a box of fig ravioli to try with the promise I would blog about it.  (That was a given). Melina's Fresh Pasta
 
Melina is located in Durham, NC and sells her pasta locally at farmers markets, local stores and area restaurants.  And now we are all in luck because she ships nationwide. (She is still welcome to bring me some when she visits the family!)
 



 
So tonight was the night.  I wasn't sure what kind of sauce would work so I knew I had a recipe for sage butter sauce and fresh sage in my herb garden.
 
It is a simple recipe to make and is very tasty.
 

Sage Butter Sauce

8 oz. of unsalted butter
9 sage leaves torn into pieces
4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
1 lb. of pasta
 
Combine butter and sage leaves in a pan on low heat and cook about 7 minutes until melted.  Toss over pasta and sprinkle with cheese.  Serve immediately.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Good Luck Kids!
 

Comments

Popular Posts