Snacks for teens - Sesame breadsticks

Everything is slowly winding down for my daughter as she heads towards high school graduation.   We have finished the 2 show productions of the year, closed the books on basketball season,  picked out our Prom dress and now this past Saturday helped the guys get their tuxes.   Following the tux shopping our daughter had her group of friends back to the house to "hang".  So with 6 teenagers in the house you want  to give them something more than chips and dip.
 
So Saturday morning I pulled out my collected recipes binder that I have had for years and  found a appetizer recipe I had cut out of the Sunday inserts back in 1994.  It looked really good then, and at the time I would clip out recipes I saw and file them away. The bad part about it was I never made them because I had forgot about the recipe.  We had plans to go grocery shopping  for dinner that night, so I jotted down the ingredients I would need and off we went. This old recipe did not disappoint.  Unlucky part was I didn't get to have any, they were gone in minutes, but did get rave reviews.  
 
 

Open Sesame Pick-Up Sticks          

 

Ingredients

1 egg  
1 Tablespoon water                        
1  teaspoon Dijon mustard                        
3  oz. (3/4 cup) freshly grated Asiago cheese                        
4 1/2 teaspoons sesame seed                        
1/2    teaspoon garlic powder                        
1 (11-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Breadsticks 
                       

  • Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Beat egg in small bowl. Add water and mustard; mix well. In shallow dish, combine cheese, sesame seed and garlic powder; mix well.
  •  
     

    Comments

    Popular Posts