Ravioli Salad for summer


This is an old favorite of mine.  I stumbled upon it years ago when a local grocery store would include recipes with their Perdue chicken breasts.  As I just pulled the recipe out of my box I realized just how old this is.  Instead of putting a web address down to search they have a address to send away for more 30 minute menus with Perdie Fit'n Easy.  So I guess this was from before Al Gore invented the Internet.  Ha ha!  The salad is paired with a Roman Grilled Chicken that uses a bottled dressing as a marinade base.  I don't make that recipe very often, but the salad side dish is a summer favorite.

This is also a favorite recipe of our little guy.  Ok he is not so little anymore.  He is taller than his sister, which she is not too happy about, and now taller than me. So, I try to wear heels around him so we can see eye to eye. He has grown so much in the past year and losing the baby face to become a wonderful young man.  His father has taught him well.  It is such a pleasant surprise when he opens and holds the car door for me.  He must be still in a major growth spurt because he is also eating a lot these days.  He  loves anything pasta, so this is a great salad for him.


Ravioli Salad (or Tortellini Salad)


Cook 1 package (7ounces) cheese ravioli or tortellini following package directions. Use the fresh stuff in the dairy case.   Drain and toss with 1/2 cup reduced calorie olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing with balsamic vinegar, 1large red bell pepper, diced, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese and salt and ground pepper to taste.  Serve salad at room temperature.  Garnish with fresh basil leaves.



Comments

Popular Posts