Simple and Delicious!

I had to bring this one back!  Great homemade hummus!  This is from 2012 and one of my most requested appetizers.


Rosemary White Bean Dip

I found this recipe over a year ago and keep coming back to make it again and again.  I even made sure I had a pot of fresh Rosemary outside my kitchen door.




I wanted something simple and light for Bunco Appetizers last August and I came across two recipes for "hummus".  One was a roasted red pepper and the other was the rosemary white bean dip.  This one came from myrecipes.com.  


When I tell people it is hummus, so many say "I really don't like the taste of chick peas".  Then I explain that it's not chick peas, but Cannellini Beans and give it a try.  And...they love it.  The smell of the roasted rosemary and the oil drizzeled over the top make it extra special.  Try it with cut up vegetables, bagel bites or pita chips.  You won't stop eating this. 

 

 

Ingredients

1/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 cans (15 oz. each) white beans (I used cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, rinsed

Preparation

  1.  In a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir half the olive oil and the 2 cloves garlic until fragrant, being careful not to brown garlic, about 1 minute. Pour the oil and garlic into a food processor. Wipe out the pan and set aside.
  2. Add white beans, lemon juice, and salt to the food processor and whirl until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl.
  3. Return the frying pan to medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the rosemary sprigs. Warm the rosemary in the olive oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so the rosemary doesn't burn. Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
  4. Set the rosemary aside and drizzle the olive oil over the bean dip. Mince one teaspoon of the rosemary leaves and sprinkle over the dip.
  5. Do-ahead tips: Make dip up to 2 days ahead. Store dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bring dip to room temperature before serving. Prepare the rosemary oil right before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts